Taking the form of a beautiful woman, “Mi Ho” forces the frightened Dae Woong to help her become a real human. But as the two begin to develop feelings for each other, can Mi Ho let Dae Woong make the necessary sacrifices for her to become human?
Title: 내 여자친구는 구미호 / Nae Yeojachinguneun Gumiho
Also known as: My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
Genre: Romance, comedy, fantasy
It's has no perfect ending I really enjoyed every scene of it. I laughed, nervous and even cried on this! How can you not resist over Lee Seung Ki's adorable dimples? And I also love a fairy-tale like love stories.
Reasons WHY to Watch:
- Mi Ho loved beef so much, the fact that Mi Ho had to have so much beef was a constant source of comedy. Mi Ho said, “If you buy me a cow, I won’t eat you.” As Mi Ho moves past depending on Dae Woong, she attempts to buy her own meal by saving chicken coupons and eggs, and even start to eat vegtables. It was super cute.
- Romance Between Director and Dae Woong’s Aunt: Anytime a man pretends not to smell your fart in the elevator, and even bring himself in shame just to save you, that is love. Second was the aunt was choked by ice in her coffee where the director saved her.. Another hilarious moment came when the Aunt said that she liked the smell of his muscle relaxer patches. Therefore, before their first date, the director put a whole bunch of patches all over his body, so that she could enjoy the aroma. And, that UDON thing! uuudon!
- Since Mi Ho has not been out in 500 years, her learning about the world is a source of comedic relief. Some highlights are when Mi Ho is amazed by bubbly soda, Mi Ho buys a poster with a picture of a camcorder instead of the actual camcorder for Dae Woong, and when Mi Ho becomes a bouncer/ best friend to chicken ahjumma. In addition, Mi Ho has a great calendar of things to do after she becomes human. On day 1, Mi Ho wishes to mate with Dae Woong. On day 100, Mi Ho wishes to marry Dae Woong. After year 1, she wishes to have a baby with Dae Woong. Mi Ho’s goal is to have 8 babies with Dae Woong! HAHAH.
- After the Director saw Mi Ho one night, he follows her into the woods and his dream is realized. The Director witnesses Mi Ho do moves that can only be attempted by the cast of Cirque Du Soleil. There are several episodes where he sees her and tries to catch her and the storyline turns into a cat and mouse game. The segment ends when he discovers that Mi Ho is his action star, and later the storyline fizzles out when Mi Ho gives up her starring role for because she is blackmailed by Hae In.
- Drumstick stuffed animal
- Chicken ahjumma, great side character
- Shin Min Ah is adorable, how can he not keep that nine-tailed fox around.
- Director open’s his trench coat to block the sun, but seriously why is he only wearing a wife beater under there?
- Chicken coupons
- Beef... Beef... Beef....
~ Pretty inspired by The Little Mermaid storybook.